[3 Episode Rule] Carole & Tuesday, Struggle to Become The Famous Musician All Over Galaxy




   Yo, bro, we'll meet again.  This time I want to review the 3 first episodes of an anime which peoples said will be one of the best anime in this season.  The title of this anime is Carole & Tuesday, an anime filled with western elements and have story set on Mars Planet.  What?  Mars? Yes, Mars, you are not watching mecha anime from Mobile Suit Gundam Series. Carole & Tuesday really just a story about Drama and Music. 
     One thing you have to know, this anime doesn't adapt from manga or novels source.  This is really an original series whose story is written by the script writer. I also mentioned before, this anime has a music genre.  If you don't really like and familiar with music genre, you won't be able to feel this anime.  So my suggestion for the weaboos who feel that this anime is not their genre should step back, because I will review this anime based on the music perspective, which maybe only some people feel the same as the feeling that I feel.  "Wow, Am I just talking like a pro musician?"  Ah, not really, I'm just a Weaboo who just wants to express his opinion about this anime.  Hell yeah, that wise bro, pantsu greetings.
Read Also:

 SYNOPSIS
     50 years have passed after Mars was declared a human-inhabited planet.  This is an era where technology has really advanced, most daily activities have used Artificial Intelligence.  Also included in music.
      The story of this anime is about two teenage girls named Carole and Tuesday who want to revive the music that is truly pure created from the feeling of human being, not a musical creation originating from Artificial Intelligence.  Can they doing it with their music?

VISUAL



     First, on character design.  Is it just me who thinks that Carole is a guy?  Hopefully I am not alone bro.  Because on the cover page of the anime it's look like that Carole is wearing a boy's shirt.  Uh, apparently it was just her who was basically a tomboy girl.  But I'm happy bro, if Carole really a guy, maybe I wouldn't watch this anime. Because what I expect from this anime is the drama element, not the romance element.
     Then on Tuesday's character design is also really pure like Caucasian.  If in other anime there is also pure Caucasian character, maybe the character design of Tuesday is the one that really approaches the design of Caucasian characters that should be.  Not only that, I also thought they were both children.  Uh, apparently it was already in teenagers anyway, so I really disappointed.
     Okay, we continue in the visual background part.  In the visual background part, Bones studio managed to describe how the form of a technologically advanced metropolis city in its western style.  But for the actual depiction of Mars, the Gundam Iron Blooded Orphan anime is still the closest. But, Kirai Janai wa, because the visual quality of this anime really resembles the quality of a movie anime bro, and it will even continue to 24 episodes.  Can you imagine, it's really a hard work from this Bones studio staff, not like the Kono Oto Tomare anime which is effortless working on the visual art.  In the Carole & Tuesday anime the results were truly amazing bro, they even managed to put it into one of the top anime in this season, behind SnK for sure.  "Ah, SnK again?" Yeah of course, Attack on Titan  hype is bigger than this anime.



     Finally, the visual movement of characters and also thecvisual effect parts. Do you know where's the scene with an amazing works?  That is the scene when they were singing, like singing on the street, at home, and on the stage.  For movements that aside from that scene, there are no problems, but for the movements when they are singing, the results are really good.  The number of frames used is really very much there. You can even see how beautiful the finger movements Tuesday when she play the guitar chord.  You must appreciate the results of Bones's studio work.
     In the lighting section also has very satisfying results, both lighting during the day and night.  We had seen the results of their work before, such as the one in the Bungou Stray Dogs anime.  The lighting includes sunlight, lights, reflected light from water, and etc.
Read Also:
[3 Episode Rule] Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai, It's Truly a Flat Storyline

SOUND
     I might not be discussing how they sing in this part, but later in the story part. For now, I will discuss the Background Music first, or what is often called the BGM.
     Making western BGM while maintaining the element that 'this is still an anime from Japan' is a difficult job bro.  Studio Bones managed to make a selection of music that really fits on the story.  In fact, studio Bones has actually adapted an anime that also has Western style, one of them is Kekkai Sensen.  So in my opinion this is nothing new for Bones studio.  Just try to perfect it from the previous anime.



     Then I will discuss the Ending Song section.  What?  why the ending song? how about the opening song?  There is no problem bro, everything is smooth and normal.  In the previous post I had said that every ending song doesn't interesting. In terms of visuals, it's true bro.  We ourselves also know that the visual movements in the ending song are only left and right footsteps that are repeated with a solid image effect on the background.  But I'm not focusing on that part, but the song I heard in the ending song.  The song has the classic pop song genre combined with the keyboard musical effect.  When I heard it, I said "that's  pretty nice song, its too rarely having song with genre like this in the anime".  I finally kept repeating this song until my ears were really satisfied to hear it.
Read Also:

STORY



     If you are not too familiar with western style anime, you’re not alone bro.  I rarely watch western-style anime.  Because in my opinion the anime should taking story place in Japan, so why move to another country.  But, stop the blaming bro, Words "I don't like westernime" suddenly turning on me . This anime actually shows its class as an anime Music.  In my heart, I say, "It's really good voice from Tuesday and Carole show to us, their just like a professional singer."  But for their singing part we will discuss it later, because we have to discuss how the story of this anime first.
     In the first 3 episodes of this anime, it doesn't need a long story bro.  Carole and Tuesday immediately met.  They met when Carole playing music on the side of the road.  "is she singing to collect some money?" No, Carole, even though she is in need of money, she doesn't really wants to collect money from singing on the road. "So, what is she doing?" At that moment Carole was really pure just wanting to play music to show her feelings bro, just it. Then, after met with Carole, Tuesday also explained what was lacking in Carole's music was the lyrics.  Tuesday finally perfected the lyrics of the music with Carole, and a song was born that could make the audience sad.
    When I hear their voices on the first song, am I just being sad? I have said before to really listen well to the sound of their singing.  Do you know what effort I made?  I watched this anime with a bass speaker that I deliberately raised in volume just to find out how the quality of the 'Music' of this anime.  As a result, it turns out to be true, as Tuesday said before, the song really describing the person's feeling.  I heard sound of the Carole's piano.  When I first heard it in episode 1, I said to myself, "what?"  the sound of the Carole piano touched a lot, even though at that time there was no lyrics".  The scene was also supported by visuals showing Carole's past while in the orphanage and also showing Tuesday past that lived in the shadow of her mother.  Then with the song lyrics that have been perfected, a song called "The Loneliest Girl" was born, the lyrics are about a girl who struggles to live in solitude.  It was very similar to their story.



     In episode 2 they then tried to sing their first song on the stage.  When they sing it, I feel  like listening to the sad stories they had, and also something like the things they really want in their lives.  Just without the lyrics I feel touched, how if there are lyrics. Then, I keep listening to the contents of "The Loneliest Girl" song lyrics by lyrics, and suddenly I feel like I'm feeling sad.  Even though the song was sung just one and a half minutes.  In my heart I say like this "what?  how come I'm almost crying, this is just episode 2, you know, it might be my fastest crying record while watching sad anime”.  However, I'm not sure you also experienced the same thing with me.  If you don't experience it, maybe you just don't appreciate the contents of the song. Well done Bones Studio.  You're doing a great job.
      In the continuation of the story, I now know why this anime taking story on Mars planet.  If they're on earth, of course, they will only be referred to as famous musicians in worldwide.  But if they are on Mars, there will be a much higher achievement, which is to be a musician who is famous for the universe.  Thats a good dude, an achievement that we really never imagined before.
     The storyline in the future also seems to have been seen.  In the face of this advanced technology, all music can be created from sophisticated Artificial Intelligence.  But music is created from human feelings really like will going extinct.  Carole and Tuesday will try to revive the true meaning of music to the universe.
     Some other scenes are also often filled with elements that will make us laugh. Because if it's too serious, the audience will get bored too, and might move to watch the another's anime.  So, this comedic scene is a well move by bones.
Read Also:

OVERALL




      Bones Studio is indeed amazing.  Sometimes they can make anime with modern visuals such as Bungou Stray Dogs and Kekkai Sensen, sometimes they can make anime with classic visuals such as Boku no Hero Academia and Mob Psycho 100.
     For me, who doesn't like the story of people who is trying something from zero? This Carole & Tuesday anime I'm really sure has great potential to make the audience tears.  But of course we still have to observe each week how the progress of the storyline.  I also hope that in the last episode of this anime it will be able to show sad moments that are far better than the other sad moments of anime out there.  If last year there was the Mirai no Mirai anime nominated for an Academy Award, hopefully this year will be the turn of Carole & Tuesday anime.

 ~ AYBD
Source: Otaku Konyol


Post a Comment

0 Comments