[3 Episode Rule] Kono Oto Tomare, A Very Sweet Stringed Instrument




Yo bro, we meet again.  This time I will review the first 3 episodes of an anime in this Spring season.  This time, I want to review again the anime adaptation from Shounen Jump manga, but it doesn't come from the Weekly Shounen Jump manga, but it comes from Jump Square manga, or often called Jump SQ.
    You need to know that there are two anime this season that have the Music genre, the first is Carole & Tuesday, and the second is Kono Oto Tomare.  But what we will discuss this time is the Kono Oto Tomare anime, which if translated into English means "Stop This Voice!".
    I did not intend to review the 3 episodes of this anime before. Why? Because there are a lot of school anime in this season, which I think are not interesting, like Bokuben, Midara na Ao-Chan, Hitori Bocchi no Marumaru, and also Senryuu Shoujo.  I also thought that this anime would end just like the anime I mentioned.  But apparently not, after I watched this anime for 3 episodes, it turned out that this anime was very different.  Something that distinguishes it is this anime is very much filled with drama, stories, and also character development.

Maybe the readers wanna ask this admin "Hmm, if you look at the admin says again, I think admin doesn't really like slice of life anime".

    Hehe, sorry bro.  I'm not an expert doing review of a slice of life anime.  Because I really prioritizes anime that has a complex story above any genre of anime. So for slice of life masters, sorry bro. However, if it turns out that an anime with the slice of life genre has quite interesting drama and conflict, I will definitely watch it.
    Okay, back to the discussion. Kono Oto Tomare's anime has the Music and Drama genres.  It reminds us with two anime that aired several years ago, that was Hibike Euphonium and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.  But unlike the Hibike Euphonium anime which has a female main character, the Kono Oto Tomare anime turns out to have a male main character.  Alright, maybe the opening from my explanation are a bit longer, so it would be nice to just start reviewing the first 3 episodes of this anime. ENJOY IT.
Read Also:
[3 Episode Rule] Isekai Quartet, Combining Four Isekai Animes at Once

 SYNOPSIS



     A high school student named Kurata Takezou is a member of the traditional Koto musical instrument club.  Koto is a type of traditional Japanese musical instrument that is played by picking.  After the seniors from the koto club graduated, Takezou finally became the only active member at the club. Takezou then meets with Kudou Chika, a student who looks like a thug who often fights. But surprisingly, Kudou Chika was very interested in Koto musical instruments and intends to join the Koto club. Aside from Kudou Chika, Takezou also met Houzuki Satowa, a student who wanted to join the Koto club but had the intention of only doing it for his own sake. How does Kurata Takezou run this club? Can these new members from the koto club reach the national championship target?
Read Also:

SOUND
    What? why reviewing about sound first? Admin, you usually review the visual art part firstly, right? Patience bro, after I observed again it turned out that I really had to discuss the sound part first. Maybe we can just start at the opening song of this anime first.
     Well, on the opening song part of this anime, just one made me wonder, how come it was singing by a male?  Moreover, his tone was high. Maybe this is my perspective problem, bro. If this anime is a sports anime, it might be suitable, but after I observe again at the opening song, I actually saw it like an opening of shoujo anime, even though it wasn't, in Kono Oto Tomare genre it was written Shounen. Maybe this is also one of the effects that arises because I watched a number of episodes from the Fruits Basket anime before.  So thats why I really think it was like it, hehe.  So, in my opinion the opening song of this anime should indeed be sung with the vocal of a female. Try to close your eyes, with the same opening song, imagine it if the opening song of this anime is sung by a female. I am very sure, it would be more suitable.
    Why I didn't review the Ending song? That was because the ending song not quite memorable for the audience.  Ending songs usually have a lot of motion that doesn't move visually, this might make it less attractive to listen to. When the episode has finished, there must be many who prefer to skip the ending song of this anime.  While the opening song section has a lot of visual movements, and it's much more interesting, the audience will at least definitely stay tuned while listening to the opening song.



    I proceed to the background music part. In the BGM part, I really like it. It seems that this studio knows very well how to adapt drama anime, even though I don't seem to recognize who is the anime's sound director really. I heard some musical instruments at the BGM, some of which were piano instruments, violins and acoustic guitars. I really like the BGM part that collaborates between the sounds of the piano and the violin, it makes the impression of a drama anime really conveyed its feelings to the audience.  In my opinion, the sound of drama anime are very successful implemented.  If I really want to give a score, I give 9, but since the anime hasn't finished airing, maybe I should not rush yet.
Also Read:
[3 Episode Rule] Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai, It's Truly a Flat Storyline

 STORY
     What, admin? you said it earlier, you want to review about visual, then this is actually discussing about the story, are you forget about that?  Patiently patient bro, I will discuss the visual after the story part. But for now I'm better off reviewing how the story of this anime first.



    Dude, I love drama so much. There are so many anime that discuss about the daily life of the club after school out there, but it only contains daily life without any conflicts that occur. Surely for a long time you will get bored too. Kono Oto Tomare Anime has a very good drama.  Even in the early episodes of this anime, the characters were immediately deepened.  After the audience sees the character's past, anyone will immediately feel sympathy.  Some of them are like Kudou Chika's past, Takezou's past with the Koto club, and Kudou Chika's past with his three friends.  I enjoy this the drama, even I got carried away by the story.  In my heart I said that Hozuki Satowa should not be allowed to join this club, because he did it only for his own interests, not the interests of the club.



     Then there are also three new members from Kudou Chika's friends.  They managed to add a comedy elements on this anime.  This is of course to keep the impression of being an overly serious anime.

VISUAL: 6
    What? how come this one has been given a score, the other part isn't given? Okay, I explained.  The adaptation of the story and the execution of the music may indeed be said to be fine, but in the visual art part there were many people who didn't like it, even though the movement of the anime framerate was actually smooth. In my opinion, the coloring and background creation is what makes this anime look like a low budget anime.  Both from character design and background, all use bright colors, very similar to the visual art of Oreshura anime, a school anime whose main focus is not on the story part. While the Kono Oto Otomare anime has a drama genre that focuses on the story, and also the manga story is very famous among readers. Moreover, this anime also carries a famous label from Jack SQ.  At least the animator staff should be able to give a much better effort.  So the viewers out there don't complain anymore about their performance.
Read Also:

 OVERALL
    I gave a review on the visual art part, it was based on the perspective of most viewers.  But for myself, I don't mind this. Because I really enjoyed the story of this anime very much.
    When I watched this anime for 3 episodes, I even felt like I had watched 6 episodes.  Why? Because there are no minutes wasted, in every minute of this anime always has something to tell.  The character's development is also very good. So maybe I can say that I really enjoyed the time I spent watching this anime.



    Many say that I should just read the manga instead of watching this anime adaptation. They say that the feel of the manga is more deeper than the anime. Even so, I might be patient to wait until the anime has finished airing first, if their opinion about the manga is far better, then I will try to read the manga.
    Overall, I enjoy it. Adaptation of the story section and sound is very good, but in the visual art section it seems like there are a lot of peoples who don't like it.  This anime animation studio maybe one of the studios that can be called new.  So that the promblems that have occurred should be used as material for their evaluation in the future.


 ~ AYBD
Source: Otaku Konyol

Post a Comment

0 Comments